Monday, August 3, 2009

Engineering meets Art

I am a big fan of engineers. They create the building blocks of most objects that make life functional and fun for the rest of us. (They do all that math stuff. Yuck!) Today I had the opportunity to do a test shoot for EmDash. They're a design firm based out of Texas and they put out magazines and things here and there and everywhere. My assignment was to show 'em my teeth; the gritty stuff... documentary style, and prove my worth. If all goes well, they'll be using my images in this months edition of The University of Florida Engineer Alumni
Magazine. (And will contract me as a free-lancer!!!)

It's a mouthful. I got to say it 45+ times today as I explained to each person in the classroom why I needed their name and head shot. Haha, I had to do it with my tongue sticking out of the side of my mouth, one eye squinted and as I looked towards the ceiling. I am exhausted! But it was an amazing day. I got to sit in on the final critique of a class that's purpose was to unite function and art, and it was awe inspiring to say the least...

Pooped! I'm off to bed, I promise I'll post something juicy tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

  1. way to go shannon! sounds like a great opportunity. you will delight and dazzle many people with your talents. Love, ViVi

    ReplyDelete